LCC Series 2 Governors
The Ideal Small Turbine Governor
Use your browser to continue through our summary web page description...
Lovejoy Control's new SERIES 2 GOVERNOR line answers the increasing demand for a modern, modular, small turbine digital governor system at reasonable cost.
The Series 2 system includes all of the features routinely required for an electronic governor and adds modular options to include EHC components, Exlar valve actuators, PLC/DCS Interfaces, Operator Control Stations, and custom I/O if necessary. By specifying only those options needed, an economical but perfectly suited controls upgrade can be realized.
Standard Electronics Package Features
- Configurable Command Inputs from;
- User's Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) or Distributed Control System (DCS)
- User's Switch and Display Panel
- LCC-Supplied Optional Operator Control Station
- Eight (8) Assignable 12-bit Analog Inputs, 4-isolated
- Eight (8) Assignable 12-bit Analog Outputs, 4-isolated
- Twenty-four (24) Assignable Relay Contact Outputs
- Sixteen (16) Assignable Switch/Relay Contact Inputs
- Laptop Local Access Terminal (LAT) Configurations
Turbine applications covered include:
Generation Steam Turbine with Throttle and Governor Valves with and without Extraction Valves, including control configurations of:
- Speed/Load Ramping
- Synchronizer Inputs
- Isochronization ON/OFF
- Overspeed Limit
- Minimum/Maximum Load Setpoints
- Extraction Valve Control
- Impulse Pressure Control
- Remote Dispatched Load
Mechanical Drive Feewater Pump Turbine control configurations of:
- Fast Speed Loop Closure Stabilizes Suction Pressure Droop Effect
- Adaptive Gain Function Generators Linearize Pump Load Curves
- Automated Startup Ramps Accelerate Turbines to Idle Speed
- Configurable I/O for Runbacks, Trips, and Speed Limits
- Operator Control Station Integrated Pump Bias Function
- Signal Feedback Generation for Tracking
- Isochronous Conditional Integral Speed Control
SUPURB GOVERNOR ENVIRONMENTAL PACKAGING
The Series 2 Governor enclosure can be a stainless steel thermally insullated case with optional top-mounted Thermoelectric Cooling Modules (Peltier Method) and a purged and nitrogen-pressurized internal environment. The result is an enclosure that does not need a controlled-environment room nor cabinet, and can be mounted at the turbine rail to minimize installation costs. The governor enclosures are also impervious to airborn contaminants and oxidizing agents so capable of corroding and prematurely failing electronic assemblies. (In applications where controlled environment mounting areas are readily available, the thermoelectric coolers and nitrogen purging can be deleted.)
The Series 2 Governor is housed in an enclosed assembly "bootbox"(11.5" x 14" x 6") which may be installed and field terminated using several packaging options. (Series 2A versions implement surface-mount technology and have a smaller "shoebox" sized package.)
The Series 2 Governor can also be an open frame 19" rack mount style package. The unit can be fit into existing plant cabinets, or fit into a cabinet that LCC provides. A termination panel may be required depending on the I/O requirements of the system.
INTERACTIVE BLOCK DIAGRAM
With Linked Features Details...
CONFIGURATION, VERIFICATION, AND REMOTE DATA ACCESS
The LAT (Local Access Terminal) Port of the Series 2 and 2A Governor provides an RS-232 ModBUS RTU-protocol data exchange with an external laptop PC acting as the LAT and operating the LCC Windows-based Configuration Program providing the following features and advanced capabilities:
- CONFIGURATION... The adjustment of all governor control I/O assignments, tuning parameters, and special control characteristics is accomplished using a sequence of Windows program screens. The Series 2 and Series 2A Governor design permits changes to any configuration parameter under turbine operation with bumpless output transfer upon assuming the new control varaiables. In effect, on-line tuning is performed without concern for sudden speed or load changes associated with output valve motion.
- VERIFICATION... The current operating configuration may be uploaded from an operating Series 2 or Series 2A governor and immediately verified in comparison with an archive configuration parameter values list. This feature eliminates forever any uncertainties as to operating configuration status.
- REMOTE DATA ACCESS... The Configuration Program provides access to all governor internal control variables, alarm status, and control mode status. By enabling the laptop PC modem, this information may be accessed via phone or Internet link from any outside location. Security measures are provided to prevent tampering.
SERIES 2 OPTIONS
Series 2 Packaging Options Summary Diagram
Copyright 2007 Lovejoy Controls Corporation, all rights reserved.